Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blog Post: GTA5 next year???


Well, VGchartz is reporting that Gamestop has listed GTA5 for release on January 15th, 2012. As always with retail leaks such as this one, particulars like the date should be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, this is a pretty big indicator that, at the very least, we'll be seeing GTA5 revealed soon. My guess is at this year's E3.

My thoughts? I'm really hoping for a Far East GTA game. That's why I was so excited to play Activision's cancelled True Crime game, and I think a GTA-styled game set in Asia would really shake things up.

If not, I guess I'd settle for a return to the awesome Vice City setting. It'll be interesting to see what Rockstar's planning. Since they're choosing to go with another number (whereas last gen we had just GTA3 and then Vice City and San Andreas) I'm guessing that this will be another series reboot as opposed to  another game using the GTA4 engine. Which is probably for the best.

On a final note, I'm hoping for some big changes in the gameplay department, but after playing Red Dead Redemption, I'm not too worried. Rockstar knows how to make games.

Just one more reason to look forward to this year's E3!

No comments:

Post a Comment